Monday, April 21, 2008

Proposal for the OBCF

I spent the weekend working on a proposal for the Outer Banks Community Foundation to provide financial support for nonprofit training on the Outer Banks. the bottom line is $4,000 would provide pay half the cost for 10 students in a total of 8 courses in Year 1. I have a meeting with Barbara Bingham tomorrow to discuss the idea and talk about how it might be implemented if the OBCF decided to allocate fund.
Barbara has been great. She help with a lot of history and pointed me to some good contacts that have moved the project forward.
The draft needs a bit more polishing before I publish it but I will share it when before I send it forward.

I also had a good conversation with a member of the COA staff. I expect this contact will help me clarify what role if any COA can play in bringing classes to the area.
Thanks for stopping by,
Ciao
Bob

No comments: