Saturday, April 19, 2008

Back Home and Back to Work

After and excellent class on grant writing we headed back to Nags Head. The next couple of weeks will be critical in getting classes taught in the fall. The steps to pull together included
  • Form an advisory committee and select the classes we want hold in the fall.
  • Figure out the role of the Outer Banks Community Foundation regarding scholarships and stipends for instructors.
  • Make sure The Nature Conservancy pavilion is available.
  • Contact the instructors about the new location.

If I can get all that done by May 1, I can focus on fixing dates with the instructors for the specific classes. Fund raising will have to wait until the selection and scheduling is complete.
I have an appointment with Barbara Bingham of the OBCF next Tues. that should clarify the OBCF role or at least give me some direction. I need a formal or near formal proposal to distribute at that meeting. Guess I will use my new grant writing skills.

If you are interested in serving on the advisory committee please contact me using the email form on the OBX Learn website. I hope to get the group together on Thurs or Fri. possibly around a bag lunch. If you need a listing of the possible courses you can explore the Duke program's site by topic or download the spring brochure.
Ciao
Bob

No comments: