Saturday, April 12, 2008

Duke Instructor Links

  • Naomi Takeuchi - 1000 Cranes Business Consulting. Naomi teaches classes in Strategic Planning and writing business plans. She also has an interest and substantial expertise in Social Enterprise development. We met when I took her Business Plan course. Naomi also works with the NC Association of Community Development Corp. She facilitate The Outer Banks CDC retreat this spring.
  • Dave Rendall -Rendall and Assoc. Dave's two blogs Freak Factor and The Four Factors of Effective Leadership are excellent sources for personal development ides. Freek stresses the importance of capitalizing on your unique strengths. While "Four focuses on the key elements of leadership Influence, Integrity, Inspiration, Improvement. Dave teaches Social Enterprise and fundraising techniques. I took a course on fund raising and it led me to this post at my personal blog. Dave has several books and training DVDs available.
  • Tom Gaffney is a Senior Account Manager at the Center for Creative Leadership in Greensboro. He has 18 years of professional development experience working with individual donors, corporations, foundations and government entities. I took a course in major gift fundraising from Tom. It helped me find a better framework for approaching potential donors about supporting my nonprofit projects.

No comments: